Thanks for peeking in on Sofia's latest adventures!

Sofia wants you to hear from you, so feel free to add witty and insightful comments.


Friday, February 22, 2008

It happens more than you think

Anyway, so we went to the grocery store Wednesday for an afternoon outing to get all the essentials. After shopping we went back to the car to go home and i opened the trunk to put in the groceries then closed the trunk. I then took Sofia and put her in her car seat while she played with the car keys. I buckled her in and then got the car keys from her and tossed them into the front seat as I always do. I closed Sofia's door and went to open the driver's side door.

It was locked!

So I stood there and stared in the car seeing my baby in the backseat and keys laying on the front seat. In the 8 seconds Sofia had the keys while getting in her seat, she had pressed the button to lock the doors.

So I called Jane as I began to freak out slightly. She came over with her parents and we took about 40 minutes and finally got the car unlocked thanks to her stepdad. We also called a service, Pop A Lock (800-POPALOCK) and they came just as Bruce opened up the car. They arrived much faster than the roadside assistance for our car insurance. Keep their # handy in case you ever need it. The Pop A Lock guy said that this is th 54th call since August that they have had for this situation--so it does happen more than I ever thought:)

Sofia actually held up really well during all this. The 1st 20 minutes she hung out with no real problem. The last twenty was not as pleasant. But thankfully no one was hurt and I learned a valuable lesson!!!

No comments: